Lots of exciting horizons ahead of us.
- OccupyWallStreet.net is coming together, content is being collected and prepared for launch.
- maydaynyc.org is live.
- The first major newsletter release is on it’s way, keep up with the discussion on the mailing list. If you are interested in joining the news letter team email email@example.com
- wiki.occupy.net is getting a face lift soon (this week?)
- New online policies are in place, currently under review by our law team.
- Tech ops has been invited to submit an application to Prix ars Electronica, check out our latest version of the application before we send it out.
- The nycga.net got a little shout out on NPR today
- map.occupy.net had a bit of a design update, more information can be found on collaborate.occupy.net
- NATO and G8 will be in Chicago this May, currently under a new bill HR 437 that just passed the house and senate protest will be illegal in any environment with secrete service.
- “Analyzing The 1%” TV Show
- Meeting Schedule
- Crowdsourced Funding Platform
- SIS (Office Space)
- Civi for Working Groups (consensus)
- Metrocards (consensus)
“Analyzing The 1%” TV Show
Gilbert came to the group looking for help shooting a 45 min backdrop for a 1 hour live show called “Analyzing the 1%”. The group felt this was a job for Media. It was suggested that Gilbert use classifieds.occupy.net to post the job request. Media contacts were also exchanged.
A discussion around meeting times, if two a week is too many. There is now some work space available and the team felt that it should do more work sessions. Due to some core members being out of town the meeting time’s discussion was tabled. It was agreed that more time should be spent in the IRC chat room: #nycga-techops on the freenode.net.
Crowdsourced Funding Platform
SIS (Office Space)
Some computers and laptops are going to be delivered to SIS (38 Broadway) tomorrow. Casper needs help fixing some of the broken inventory (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to help). Space is also needed to host more computers for the public.
Civi for Working Groups
People are confused about Civi and don’t think it’s ready (it is). There are a few groups currently using it, it’s ready to send first mass mailing. There needs to be training, promotion, and trust building to add admins. There is a lot of demand for a Civi training meeting.
Pea is now the new metro card point person!
Action item: make basic template for announcing each new tech ops project (announcement of features in Civi, GA, Twitter, training the following week, documentation)