- There is new nation-wide collaboration on #OccupyMap, a SMS system is still needed for map reports on the Ushahidi platform.
- OWSbrunch reportback: many discussions about “access”- information, etc. talk of a global events calendar website.
- OccupyWallStreet.net dev site can be found under the ows.net project at projects.occupy.net
- The first occupy news letter tentative launch date is March 5th
- maydaynyc.net coming soon.
- Occupy.org for sale? no. just a mailing list rumor. tech ops controls dns. registrar still owned by affinity group. content unchanged.
- Mark on the nycga.net calendar which events were GA-consensed, and which are autonomous.
- Problems with nycga.net user activity.
- Discuss digital properties policy
- Strategy meeting next week
- Permission to export nycga.net emails to civi
- Hosting of translations of GA statements
- Server allocation
Mark on the nycga.net calendar which events were GA-consensed, and which are autonomous.
There are concerns that mainstream media is taking any nycga.net event as an ows GA endorsed event.
An idea: indicate sponsorship of event on the form.
The group doesn’t want to disavow events because they make people uncomfortable. We feel that the statement of autonomy covers the concern that not all “occupy branded events” are GA endorsed.
Language will be added to the events template pointing back to statement of autonomy.
Problems with nycga.net user activity.
There were problematic posts from the “strong women rules” working group – making multiple posts targeting individuals on the site, saying that they would be killed or imprisoned under “NDAA”. Posts were deleted. User account was blocked and group was deactivated. We had a lengthy email discussion via the tech_group mailing list, and took action. Actions were recorded in the “admin use of power” log. Targeting individuals for state violence, and collaboration with NDAA (which GA officially opposes) were considered serious enough violations of our statement of solidarity to act.
Discuss digital properties policy
The group consented on the Terms and Conditions of Use Policy for NYC General Assembly Digital Properties (TOS). The TOS will be handed over to the lawyers for review then brought to the GA. It will be used in the interim.
Strategy meeting next week
We would like to have a meeting about the strategy and purpose of OWS Tech Ops. We felt it wise to wait until after March 11th so Devin, Drew, and Matt can attend.
Permission to export nycga.net emails to civi
Hosting of translations of GA statements
We’ll host these on OccupyWallStreet.net, each in the same post as the original English version, but further down, with an anchor so that it can be linked to directly. In phase 2 of OccupyWallStreet.net, we’ll have a UI which allows you to switch which language you’re viewing the whole site in.
5 servers at Panix host nycga.net and occupy.net; we are not sure if we have to switch off these in March. 4 servers at fastpcnet host Ruby stuff like Donate Your Account, a node.js box with notes.occupy.net, and a php box for maps.occupy.net. And, we have the servers we bought at Datagram, which have no apps yet. The Datagram servers will host archives, occupywallstreet.net, and stuff from the Panix and fastpcnet servers if we have to move it because we start getting charged.
Introductions of new people
Welcome to Cynthia, Brian, & Alma!