Internet censorship is going to a vote in the Senate on January 24th (known as PIPA in the Senate and SOPA in the House). While Senators are in their home states for the January recess, we need to flood their public meetings and offices with our concerns about the bill. Learn More
Read Tech’s statement against SOPA which was consented upon by the NYC General Assembly.
Consider joining a meetup to stop SOPA/PIPA
Learn what you can do here in the New York area after the jump.
Set up meetings, email, and call our senators. More information here.
email@example.com to meet with Senator Schumer, a co-sponsor of PIPA.
- Kristen Gillibrand (D, NY) – (212) 688-6262
- Chuck Schumer (D, NY) – 212-486-4430
- Robert Menendez (D, NJ) – (973) 645-3030
- Frank Lautenberg (D, NJ) – (973) 639-8700
- Richard Blumenthal (D, CT) – (860) 258-6940
- Joe Liberman (I, CT) – 866-317-2242